Scroll down to book your place
If you want to discover how you can transform a child’s life through adoption, Adopt Thames Valley holds a monthly programme of virtual information sessions throughout the year. At these you can find out what adoption involves today, learn more about the training and support we offer to adoptive families, and have the chance to ask questions. You will also hear from one of our adopters about their experience.
The sessions are held at a variety of times during the week and also on some Saturday mornings. Attendance is capped at 50 individuals to allow opportunity for you to ask presenting social workers and adopters questions.
Why not come and meet our friendly team, and discover if now is the right time for you to start your adoption journey? If you have already started an enquiry with us, simply call 0800 731 0171 or email ATV.firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place, stating your name, contact number and preferred date. Otherwise, to start the process, fill in our online enquiry form, including the date of the session that you would like to attend in the Message box.
Please note: Adopt Thames Valley welcomes enquirers from Oxfordshire, Berkshire and Wiltshire, or those who live within one hour’s travelling time of one of our centres in Oxford, Reading and Swindon.
Dates and Times
Wednesday, 16th February 2022
Monday, 7th March 2022
Wednesday, 23rd March 2022
Saturday, 9th April 2022
Tuesday, 26th April 2022
Rules of Engagement
- Confidentiality is crucial in all our work. Emails will be blind (bcc), so that other participants do not see your email address. However, please be advised that prospective adopters come together in these sessions so may learn information about one another and may be able to see your email addresses and sign in names once in the Microsoft Teams information event meeting.
- Recording videos and taking photos is not permitted during the information event. Please also ensure that only people signed up to the event are in the room where you are watching. Due to the sensitive nature of these events, children are not permitted to attend.
- Adopt Thames Valley will give you a feedback form at the end of the information event. This information is confidential and will be used to improve services in the future.
Privacy is integral to our work and you can find details of our full privacy notice here.
How to book
- Please make sure you have read and understood the Rules of Engagement above.
- Choose the date you want to attend and if you have started enquiry with Adopt Thames Valley already, call 0800 731 0171 or email ATV.email@example.com to book, stating your name, contact number and preferred date. Otherwise, to start the process, please fill in our online enquiry form including the date of the session that you would like to attend in the Message box.
- You will be sent a consent form to sign and return to Adopt Thames Valley in order to comply with GDPR requirements. This must be returned to us in order for you to receive the MS Teams link to join the info session.
- Bookings close 48 hours before the event, to allow for consent forms to be processed, unless the cap of 50 individuals has already been reached.
- The day before the event you will receive an invitation email containing the link to join the meeting using MS Teams, along with full joining instructions. For the best experience, install the MS Teams app on your device and if using web option on an Apple device, please use Chrome rather than Safari.
- We recommend you log on 30 minutes before the event starts to allow time to resolve any technical issues you may experience.
If you would like to find out more or are ready to begin your adoption journey then we would love to hear from you today.
There are two stages in the process of adoption which we aim to complete within six months - find out more about the adoption journey.
All adopted children are different and over time they will learn to trust you and it will transform their lives – as well as yours!